1. INFORMATION BE AEROSPACE COLLECTS FROM YOU
Active Information Collection
Like many other web sites, we actively collect information from our visitors both by asking specific questions on the Web Site and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail. Some of the information that you submit during the registration process or while making a purchase may be personally identifiable (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.). Also, if you place an order, you may be required to provide financial information.
When you visit the Web Site, we will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. If you choose to register with the Web Site, during the registration process you will be asked for both personal and demographic information, most of which is required in order to complete the registration. We will inform you which information is optional. If you opt not to register with the Web Site, you still can visit the Web Site but you will not be able to access certain areas of the Web Site.
For purposes such as improving personalization of our services, we may receive information about you from other sources. Like the information you provide to us, we do not share this information with anyone except authorized third parties in connection with providing you with our services.
Passive Information Collection
As you navigate through a web site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection. For example, we and/or our service providers may track IP addresses, assign Internet tags, and use session, persistent and flash cookies or any other successor tracker technology. We and our service providers may also automatically gather information about the areas you visit on the Web Site and collect operational information about the technology you use, such as your browser, operating systems, Internet Protocol address, system and application software, peripherals, Internet service providers and the domain name of the web site from which you linked to this Web Site.
Most Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
We reserve the right to use electronic images known as web beacons, also referred to as single-pixel gifs, and any other successor technology, that permit us to count users who have visited certain Web Site pages and for other related statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain Web Site content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Web Site; they are solely used to compile aggregated statistics concerning the use of the Web Site. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, the time and date of a page view and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie information collected automatically to your previously submitted personally identifiable information.
We passively collect information to understand what areas of the Web Site are most popular, which areas may require improvement and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information helps us to update and improve the Web Site. We also use this information for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment.
2. HOW BE AEROSPACE USES YOUR INFORMATION
BE Aerospace uses your personal information to enhance the operation of the Web Site and allow you to use all of its features.
Your contact information (billing, shipping, and e-mail addresses) and financial information will be used for the purposes for which you supplied it to us (e.g., registering with the Web Site, processing orders, etc.), to send you related notices or promotional materials and to respond to your comments or requests for information. If you direct comments to us or you request information from us, we may ask you to verify where you are doing business so that we can be assured that the response or information we provide is appropriate for that geographic location. We may also enhance or merge personally identifiable information with data obtained from third parties for the same purposes.
We may disclose personally identifiable information you provide via the Web Site to third parties, but only:
(a) to contractors we use to support our business, in which case we will require such third parties to agree to use the information for the same purposes;
(b) to respond to law enforcement requests, where required by applicable laws, court order or governmental regulations, or where we have reason to believe infringing material has been posted on the Web Site;
(d) in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person.
BE Aerospace does not otherwise distribute to third parties your personally identifiable information. BE Aerospace, however, will have no liability for disclosure of information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns, and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
Although BE Aerospace does not currently rent, sell, or otherwise share your information with third parties for purposes unrelated to this Web Site, it may do so in the future. If you do not want your information to be shared, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT HOW BE AEROSPACE USES YOUR INFORMATION
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- You may view and modify the personal information you have provided to us by submitting an email with your name, company name, telephone and email address to email@example.com. Please specify the name of the Web Site to which you submitted the information.
- If you have forgotten your password please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may send us an e-mail message at email@example.com to request access to, correction or deletion of any personal information that you have provided to us. To protect your privacy, we will only respond to e-mail messages sent from the e-mail address you used to set up your account. We will use reasonable efforts to supply you with this information and, upon your request, to correct any factual inaccuracies in this information. Should you elect to have all of your information deleted, we will use reasonable efforts to do so and to also delete your user account, if you so request.
- You may also send us an e-mail message at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to any personally identifiable information about you that someone else has submitted to us through the Web Site or interactive advertisements. To protect your privacy, we will only respond to e-mail messages sent from the e-mail address you used to set up your account. We will use reasonable efforts to supply you with this information and, upon your request, to correct any factual inaccuracies in this information or to remove such personally identifiable information from our files.
- You may also opt out of receiving marketing messages from BE Aerospace by notifying us at email@example.com.
4. WHAT ABOUT THIRD PARTY SERVICES YOU ACCESS THROUGH THE WEB SITE
There may be links on the Web Site providing access to other web sites and/or resources over which we have no control. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users and should not be construed as an affiliation with or endorsement by BE Aerospace. You access and use such other web sites, including the content, items or services on those web sites, solely at your own risk.
This Web Site contains links to other Web sites operated by third parties that may be of interest to you. We cannot control these third party sites, which may collect personal information from you. When you follow a link and leave this site, you do so at your own risk.
5. HOW BE AEROSPACE PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We use both technical and procedural methods to protect the integrity and security of the personal information in our databases, including the use of firewalls, encryption for data transfer, restricted access to data, and employee training.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Never share your password with anyone else, notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off of this Web Site before you leave your computer.
6. WHAT BE AEROSPACE DOES ABOUT CHILDREN VISITING THE WEB SITE
The Web Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if they would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
7. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT BE AEROSPACE
Ryan M. Patch, Esq.
Vice President Law & General Counsel
BE Aerospace, Inc.
1400 Corporate Center Way
Wellington, FL 33414